Commitments in Pain Care
Daiichi Sankyo is dedicated to bringing innovative medicines to patients who need relief from their pain. We recognize pain management may require the appropriate use of prescription medicines including controlled substances such as opioids, and that these medicines may be associated with safety concerns such as diversion, misuse, abuse, addiction, or overdose. We are also cognizant of the tragic individual and societal consequences that can result from the improper use of prescription medicines.
We are committed to…
- The well-being and proper treatment of patients who suffer from pain and to providing prescription medicines to treat their pain and other related conditions.
- Educating healthcare providers, patients, families and caregivers on the appropriate use of pain medicines, and recognizing and preventing their potential for diversion, misuse, abuse, addiction, and overdose.
- Being a part of the solution to prescription drug abuse.
- Monitoring prescribing and distribution patterns for signs of inappropriate prescribing or diversion of these medications.
- Ensuring that our employees are reliable, trustworthy sources of information about pain treatments, and that our communications about pain medicines will be truthful, accurate, and respect the seriousness of the condition being treated, as well as the potential risks associated with these medicines.
- Ethical and socially responsible business practices at all times, conducting our business fairly, honestly, with integrity, and in accordance with our Standards of Business Conduct.
See below for more information about pain medicine safety and responsible use.
The following are independent resources and the content is not controlled by Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.