Overview Main Article
All Certified Continuing Medical Education (CME) funding requests are centralized through Daiichi Sankyo's Office of Grants and Education (OGE). Only the Daiichi Sankyo CME Committee is authorized to approve a CME funding request. You should not consider a request approved until you receive official written notification from the Daiichi Sankyo OGE acting on behalf of the Daiichi Sankyo CME Committee.
All CME funding requests must be submitted directly by the Requester. Except for OGE staff and members of the CME Committee, Daiichi Sankyo employees may not be involved in the submission, review or notification of any CME funding request. Daiichi Sankyo adheres to the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) guidelines, as well as all federal regulations.
Daiichi Sankyo considers funding requests based on a number of criteria:
- Demonstrated unmet educational needs of healthcare providers
- Educational method
- Efficient use of funds
- Availability of funds
- Alignment with Daiichi Sankyo's therapeutic areas of focus
All requests must be in compliance with the following guidelines (as presently established and as may be hereafter revised) and provide fair, balanced and independent content to the attending healthcare professional(s):
Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME®) Standards for Commercial Support of Educational Programs, or other similar industry standards
Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) Code on Interactions with Medical Professionals
U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Guidance on Industry Supported Scientific and Educational Activities
Office of Inspector General (OIG) Compliance Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. internal policies and guidelines
Daiichi Sankyo will not provide funding:
- To an individual
- To any physician or physician practice or group or affiliate thereof
- On behalf of any customer, patient or other individual
- To applicants who have received past funding and have not provided the required budget reconciliation or have not returned unused funds
- To debarred institutions or groups, including organizations or their employees on probation with the ACCME or other organizations, or on the OIG exclusion list; as well as faculty debarred from a federal healthcare program or on the OIG exclusion list
Prohibited Use of Grant Funds
The use of grant funds provided by Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. may not be used to defray the cost of any food or beverages that are made available to participants at educational programs or events.